Faq's about UK

Frequently Asked Questions

Many international students in the UK take a part-time job, work placement or internship alongside their studies. For most courses, you will be allowed to work for up to 20 hours per week during term time. Before you consider looking for work, check your visa and biometric residence permit and check your university’s rules to see if there are any restrictions to the type of work or number of hours you can do.

European students: If you do decide to do part-time work in the UK, this could impact your eligibility for a refund on your Immigration Health Surcharge payment, so make sure you consider all of this when thinking about if you need to work alongside your studies in the UK.

The date your student visa ends depends on the length of your course. Make sure you know when your visa is due to expire so you can plan your next steps accordingly. 

You may be able to extend your student visa if you’re eligible, for example, to continue your studies in the UK. You may also be able to switch to another type of visa if you want to stay and work in the UK.